UAE citizens and residents in Abu Dhabi can get a booster dose of the Sinopharm vaccine or the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine to protect themselves against Covid-19.
When can one get a booster shot:
Citizens and residents in Abu Dhabi who have received their second Covid-19 vaccine dose at least six months ago can get a booster dose.
Booking an appointment for a booster shot:
Individuals can book an appointment with Seha through their call centre, on their Whatsapp number or by downloading the Seha app.
One can call the Seha hotline on 800 50 to book an appointment.
To book an appointment through Whatsapp, follow these steps:
Step 1: Add the Whatsapp service to your list of contacts
Add and save the number 02 4102200 as a contact on your smartphone.
Step 2: Send an initial message
After adding the number to the contact list, open the Whatsapp app and send an initial message to the Seha number.
Step 3: Select Covid-19 vaccine appointment
A message with a list of services that are accessible through this Whatsapp chat will be sent.
Select the number 2 for Covid-19 vaccine appointments.
Step 4: Book an appointment
an authentication check will be conducted using your Emirates ID and registered phone numbers, as the service is linked to Seha’s patient portal.
If the mobile number is registered with Seha, an option to book an appointment for the Covid-19 vaccine will be sent with the location and timing details. Select preferred time and location to book the appointment.
Downloading the Seha app:
1. Download the app ‘Seha', which is available for Apple and Android devices.
2. Select the ‘Covid-19’ vaccine appointment, which is available on the main menu.
3. Select the vaccine, Sinopharm or Pfizer BioNTech.
4. Choose the centre of preference to get vaccinated.
5. Fill in the form with your name, date of birth, mobile number, email address and Emirates ID.
6. Select the date and time and confirm the booking.